I can't even enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Lattes

/ Friday, September 12, 2014 /
Summer isn't officially over, but school is back and it's freezing! And I can't even drink the PSLs because of caffeine intolerance. This will be a sad autumn.

Last time I posted here was a catch-up on the first half of my summer, up until Osheaga. The latter half included lots more volunteering, a depressing road trip to Ohio, and a pretty eventful Fan Expo.

I've mentioned I was volunteering at the Design Exchange fashion camp in July, which I went back to in August. It wasn't quite as exciting the second time around, but I did make some great friends (the volunteers, not the children), including Megan, who's pictured here and is adorable :)




I did appreciate the Rookie-inspired projects we did with the campers, like the DIY crowns, and these zines, which honestly are cuter than anything I've ever made. (I would show the inside pages but I think it might be creepy to post photos of young girls on my blog without their permission?)



I also volunteered with Girls Learning Code, which is this awesome non-profit that teachers girls (and women and kids and everybody else) to code and do other cool stuff with technology. I used a Makey Makey for the first time, but I didn't get any photos or videos. Actually the only photo I have from that week is this selfie I took when I probably should have been watching some 10-year olds.



At Fan Expo I dressed up in my most Audrey Horne inspired attire and saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me with the cast in attendance. Possibly the best day of my life.

how perfect is this photo though??

Then I bleached my hair some more, and there was Riot Fest, and I got a weird eye infection on picture day so I look terrible in my student card! Very eventful first week of school.

seeya


Powered by Blogger.

Labels

outfit (5) outfit post (5) DX Toronto (4) Design Exchange (4) OOTD (4) photography (3) American Apparel (2) DXPOF (2) hair (2) nasty gal (2) photoshoot (2) plaid (2) rookiemag (2) vintage (2) wishlist (2) Bao Bao Wan (1) Christian Louboutin (1) Field Trip TO (1) FieldTripTO (1) Frank Miller (1) GISHWHES (1) Los Campesinos (1) Los Campesinos! (1) Louboutin (1) MAC (1) MAC x Bao Bao Wan (1) NOLA (1) Orphan Black (1) Oscar de la Renta (1) Quentin Tarantino (1) Real Techniques (1) Sin City (1) T.U.K. (1) TIFF (1) TUK (1) Tatiana Maslany (1) The Makeup Box (1) Toronto (1) Toronto Vintage Clothing Show (1) ULTA (1) Viva Glam (1) alexander wang (1) alexander wang x h&m (1) art (1) between doors (1) blogging (1) books (1) boxing day (1) brandy melville (1) broken social scene (1) calvin klein (1) cheerleaders (1) christmas (1) chvrches (1) cindy sherman (1) costumes (1) cottage (1) creepers (1) david lynch (1) fan expo (1) feminism (1) field trip (1) films (1) fort york (1) friends (1) girls learning code (1) grease (1) grease lightning (1) greaser (1) h&m (1) haul (1) hayao miyazaki (1) high park (1) hopeless lingerie (1) howl's moving castle (1) jocks (1) junya watanabe (1) kawaiiland (1) kill joy's kastle (1) kind exchange (1) lingerie (1) lush (1) makeup (1) makeup brushes (1) montreal (1) muji (1) my life (1) new orleans (1) nuit blanche (1) nuit blanche TO (1) osheaga (1) politics of fashion (1) riot fest (1) scotiabank nuit blanche (1) shoes (1) spring (1) studio ghibli (1) summer nights (1) team spirit (1) the revival outpost (1) thrift (1) topshop (1) travel (1) twin peaks (1) varsity (1) washed out (1) wedding (1) wes anderson (1)
 
Copyright © 2010 wongstea, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger